Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress (Sorry I had to...)

I'm stupid happy right now. I found MY dress. I've seen "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC (only recently, mind you), and I thought that the girls on that show were a little (lot?) ridiculous. Of course you think the dress is "perfect." It's a $6,400 dress!! It boggles the mind. Plus, I'm not a "love at first sight" kinda girl. I know, how unromantic, but it's true. (I offer as evidence, your honor, my lack of a wedding venue.) But I was wrong. Yes, I'll admit it. Wrong. I found my dress. The very dress I had been pining over. At a consignment shop. In my city. In my SIZE. In perfect condition. Can you believe it? Neither can I!

So, first I have to say that I love the people at Blue Sky Bridal. The salon is lovely and the people are great. Please check it out if you're in the market for a wedding dress! Also, for those of you who have dresses from recent-ish weddings (they like to keep their selection pretty current) please consider consigning your dress. It's so amazing to have an opportunity to wear a dress I love at a price I can afford.* Consider giving that to someone else!

Just wanted to share my joy! Also, I feel like I'm honing in on a wedding venue. I don't know why as I haven't made any actual progress, it just feels like the decision will be made soon. Weird. :)

*Except that, while I was (reluctantly) taking off the dress and putting my clothes back on, my aunt sneakily paid for it...so now I have to figure out a way to pay her back! Damn sneaky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment