Friday, February 4, 2011

See!? The Superbowl can be fun!

Look what I made!


I get so excited every time a friend oohs and ahs over my goodies. Someone even called me "beyond ridiculous." I'm not going to lie, I love it. I love when I see an idea come to fruition in a way that makes me proud. So, hooray for Superbowl Cupcake Toppers! They make me happy!

Chris, after complimenting me on how nice they looked, also informed me that these aren't true to reality because NFL footballs don't have stripes (or maybe Superbowl footballs don't have stripes - apparently, I wasn't listening all that well). To that, I say pththththt. In my research, I had discovered that some footballs had stripes while others did not, but I decided on stripes - I think it makes them look more like footballs and less like ovals with shark teeth on top. Don't you agree?


Stay tuned for more photos of the finished product. A good friend of mine is having a joint Birthday/Superbowl party on Sunday, and he requested hostess cupcakes. I was, of course, completely appalled, so I made homemade hostess cupcakes...thus the couple of toppers that look like hostess cupcakes - just so people know what I was going for.

Per Chris' request, I will also make Green Bay Packers toppers for a few of the cupcakes. He's from Wisconsin, so he is of course a Packer fan. It's bred into those Wisconsinites. He's very excited for the Superbowl. I'm really just looking forward to hanging out with the girls. :) Shhh...don't tell!

Raya can't wait.

I'll post the finished project next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment