Friday, May 20, 2011

Working and Cake

You may want to know where I've been. I'd like to know myself - help a girl out and tell me where the last two weeks have gone! The reality is that I've been working. And working. And trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. So, no big.

But, of course, some cupcakes snuck their way into the last couple of weeks. That's just what happens at my house.


First, there was Cake Chelan (ala cupcakes). I created this cake in honor of someone's birthday some years ago. It's definitely one of my favorites. How could it not be? White cake (sometimes with coconut extract thrown in if I remember) with a lime cream filling (these were dairy-licious, so I couldn't eat them, but I have a vegan version as well - Mmm), topped with a coconut meringue frosting and toasted coconut. Yes, it is amazing.

Up close and personal:


Right!? I know. Here are some with red stripe cupcake liners. I mixed it up a bit.


There were a couple left, but since I couldn't eat the cake or filling, I ate the frosting off (it's that good) and then yard-wasted (what? that's totally a verb) the rest. Don't hate me.


I did bribe my uncle with one of these puppies. Then, he mowed my lawn. But there's something you should know. If you leave my uncle alone in your yard with a lawn mower, you may return home to this:


Yes. To interpret this little gem for you, it was Chris' birthday last weekend and my uncle's present to him was mowing his age into my lawn. No joke. Awesome. Now I need to bribe someone else to finish mowing that patch!

And when it rains birthdays, it pours birthdays. It was also Chris' daughters 8th (8!!) birthday. She's into horses right now since, you know, she's an 8 year old girl. So, I made her some horse cupcakes from the Hello, Cupcake book.


They aren't perfect, but I had to assemble them in approximately 10 minute's time - remember that work thing I was talking about? Yeah, I got home after 7pm that night. Thank goodness Chris cooked dinner! (Yes, you read that right. And, yes, I ate it. Love me some TJ's curry sauce!)


I covered the orange circus peanut candies with chocolate. This first one looked fine, but he other two were a hot mess, but sometimes these things happen. Plus, they were all devoured within about 20 minutes of being "born," so there's that.

I have tons and tons of things to do and many many pictures to take. I'm working on some invitations - I hear those things need to get in the mail. I promise there will be more wedding goodness soon.

In the meantime, I'll be figuring out the rest of my life. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment