Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baking, baking, baking...

For fun, I made some coconut marshmallows. They were deeelicious! Don't they look it!?


I used this recipe here, but I also added some coconut extract into the batter because, really, that's a necessity.

We also celebrated my awesome graphic designer friend Agnes' birthday this weekend. I wanted to make her some cake. She requested white cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate buttercream, so I obliged. I thought the results were quite pretty.


I took this opportunity to try out a new white cake recipe. I think the cake turned out well. I also tested a new frosting recipe. I actually recycled the printout of that one after I was done. Clearly, I wasn't such a fan.

I also made some cupcakes for good measure!


I'm testing out all these new cake and frosting recipes because I'm making a cake for someone I don't even know off of a referral, which is pretty exciting and so much fun! I want the cake to be the best it can be! I hope to have a photo of that here too at some point. But first, superbowl cupcakes! It's baking season, apparently. Wait...it's always baking season at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment