Monday, January 3, 2011

Biting off more than you can chew. Mmmmm...

I've been hemming and hawing (sp?!) about what to do for prettiness behind us during the ceremony. I've seen a number of things, but most just don't seem right. A big floral arrangement...meh. I detest many of those. I've seen displays using branches, but at the end of September, who wants to be reminded of fall and winter? Plus, dead branches make me kind of sad. I want something neat-o, but not overly ornate and not too...alter-y? Clear as mud, right?

My current insane idea is stolen from Martha but then changed up a bit to make it more fancy (read: difficult). I want to make this out of fabric garlands (the paper ones seem a little cheesy to me):


I know...I know...I'm crazy. I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to make garlands that are long enough, but maybe I'll be able to pull it off. Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment